4.17.2009

Every picture tells a story...

I have avoided posting pictures out of some need for anonymity, but I think it's time I got over it. I haven't had the time to figure out how to create a photo page, so I'm going to just create this entry and can link back to it when I have new ones to post.

So...big sigh...here goes.

I started this enormous effort, weighing in at 227.8 (I still can't say that number out loud...shocking to me that I let myself get that large). This is me at my heaviest, right before my husband's company Christmas party.



When I look at this picture, I think about a couple of things...Wow. I felt horrible that night. I felt huge and frumpy and like I was dressed way older than my chronological age. Notice how I'm covering my stomach with my hand. I think I stood that way the majority of the night. My husband had to run to the store to grab something and I was left in the hotel room alone for a while. I had my camera and tried and tried to get a picture of myself that I liked to post on my FB page. Every picture I took looked horrible to me and I was almost in tears when he came back. I was embarrassed to tell him what I had been doing. The party was wonderful, his coworkers are great, and I was miserable the whole time.

Here is a close up of my face from that same night. If I look at my eyes, I can tell how unhappy I was. Look at the double chin. AHHHHHH!!! I hate these pictures.






Moving on...It wasn't long after that party that I decided to join WW. In February, we went to a fundraiser (another opportunity to dress up). At this point, I probably weighed around 218-220. I was actually feeling better about myself, although still having the "fattest girl in the room" complex. It's amazing what losing just 8 pounds will do for you. I had started running a little, had more energy, liked what I was wearing (I had the BEST shoes and I'm sorry you can't see them in this picture).







Here's the face close up from that same night. I don't really notice much of a difference in my face at this point.

This brings us to current. Unfortunately, I don't have any fun or fancy events to grab a nicely dressed picture...khakis will have to do. This is in my office this morning, weighing in at 206.

Funny...I think I look heavier in this picture than I did 15 pounds ago. Not a particularly flattering outfit, I suppose. Maybe I need to dress up and take a shot to see the real comparison. And straighten my hair. Yeah, that's it.









And finally, a face shot, taken this morning at 206. I can't wait until that double chin goes away and I can see my cheek bones again. Seems like my face is always the first thing to look thinner and I don't really notice it too much. Everyone else does, though. When I get comments, it's usually along the lines of "wow, your face looks totally different."

Okay, that's about all of this I can take for the day. I'll post new ones periodically just for fun.

Update to photo proof (on 9.7.09). I totally forgot to do it at 196 (30 pounds), so here I am at 192

It's not a good shot...black clothes on a black background, but it's the best I can do this morning.
and a face shot. Funny...I've lost around 35 pounds and when I look at these, I don't even notice much of a difference.

Sigh

No comments: