2.17.2009

Frustration and Relief

This week started out a little frustrating, as it was the first week that I couldn't make it through the run (week 4 of the c25k program). Each of the five minute runs, I had to stop around halfway in, walk for 30 seconds and resume. I was really frustrated with myself...mad that I let myself get that out of shape and embarrassed that I can't even run five minutes without stopping. That's just ridiculous. Rolling around in the back of my mind was the added frustration of not losing more weight in ww last week. I worked really hard - both with food and exercise and just hadn't seen the results.

Apparently, I was visibly upset, as I received an email late last night from a coworker who was running with me. It was a very encouraging email and I really appreciated it. I hope she knows (I tried to tell her, but I don't know how articulate I was) how much that kind of support and enthusiasm mean to me. This weight-loss, life-change, exercising-the-couch-potato endeavor can be a very lonely one and it's helpful to know your friends are there to support you.

So today was weigh in and I lost 2.4 pounds. As frustrated as I was yesterday, I am equally relieved today. I'm learning that I seem to be on a two week cycle - one good week then one mediocre week. Maybe if I retool my expectations, I won't get so frustrated on the off weeks.



Start 227.8
Current 217.4

Total 10.4

No comments: