2.24.2009

Week 5 c25k

I'm really surprised that I haven't written more about the c25k program. I thought that was going to dominate my writing on here and it really hasn't turned out that way. Last night was the first night of week 5, which really in my mind is the beginning of the real running. I've been hesitant to call what I do "running" because it really seems more like walking with a little jogging thrown in. But, this week, the time spent running really ramps up. It's amazing to me how, at the beginning of every week I think I couldn't possibly do the amount that the program calls for, but by the time I get out there and do it, I almost always surprise myself.

Last night, it was run five minutes, walk three, run five, walk three, run five. And, oddly enough, it seemed easier than the week before. It really surprised me since it was a pretty big jump from last week and I thought last week was horrible. I almost repeated week 4, it had been so hard. But, at the last minute, I decided to give it a shot, knowing I could back up and start week 4 again if I needed to. The next run moves up to 8 minute running increments, then by the end of the week, it's twenty! And...it's weird to hear myself say it, but I think I can do it.

I wish there was a way to bottle this enthusiasm. I've been here before and I'm not really confident in my ability to stick with anything. The weigh in is at lunch time today. Wish me luck.

No comments: