5.12.2009

"2"

I'm thinking that next week is going to be a significant one for me. I wrote yesterday about the "2" at the front of my weight and how I've been hovering around 200 for quite some time. Looking at my loss chart, it really hasn't been that long -it just FEELS like it's been a long time. I just weighed myself on the scale in our office and it said 201. That means, if things go well this coming week, next week could be a huge milestone for me. It's been so long since I've seen a "1" at the front of that number that I can't even remember how long it's been.

I distinctly remember being in the Dr's office when pregnant with my first son and the first time I stood on that scale and it said "186". I'm not sure why that day stands out in my mind, but I remember thinking...wow..I've really gained a lot of weight with this pregnancy. Second pregnancy, I don't think I weighed that much at top weight. I had lost a lot of weight between pregnancies and I think I maxed out at 180 the second time. Then, I just never lost weight after son #2 was born. I gradually gained over the next 10 years until I ended up where I was in January. It really horrifies me that I let myself get so out of control in the past decade. I'm so glad that I'm finally grabbing ahold of it and making some significant change and I truly believe that once I get that "1" back, I'll never see "2" again.

Start 227.8
Current 201

Total 26.8

No comments: